Worry. Verb. give way to anxiety or unease, allow one’s mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles. [Google Definition].
How often do you worry? Once a day. Once a week. 12 times a day? 30,000 times a day?
Worry about safety. Our friends. Our family.
Worry about school. work. driving.
Worry about what we say. what others say.
Our lives are a never ending cycle of worry.
I am so guilty of worrying. I work myself up to the point that I am stressed out. Which leads to not sleeping of course. Then that horrible gut sickness that you get that won’t go away no matter what you do. Eat, drink, throw up, use the restroom. Nothing works, you still have that horrible feeling.
Luke 12:22-34 Do Not Worry
22. Then Jesus spoke to his disciples. He said ‘I tell you, do not worry. Don’t worry about your life and what you will eat. And don’t worry about your body and what you will wear. 23. There isomer to life than eating. There are more important things for the body than clothes. 24. Think about the ravens. They don’t plant of gather props. They don’t have any barns at all. But God feeds them. You are worth much more than birds! 25. Can you add even one hour to you life by worrying? 26. You can’t do that very little thing. So why worry about the rest?
One Cigarette takes off 7-11 minutes of your life. So how much shorter has you life gotten because of worrying? Why can’t we listen to God and STOP WORRYING?
27. “Think about how the wild flowers grow. They don’t work or make clothing. But here is what I tell you. Not even Solomon in his royal robes was dressed like one of those flowers. 28. If that is how God dresses the wild grass, how much better will dress you! After all the grass is here only today. Tomorrow it is throwing into the fire. Your Faith is so small! 29. Do not spend time thinking about what you will eat or drink. Don’t worry about it. 30. People who are ungodly run after all those things. Your Father knows that you need them. 31. But put God’s kingdom first. Then those other things will also be given to you.
Put all your Faith in God and he will supply the rest- We have heard this before many times. God will provide for us because God provides for nature.
32. “Little flock, do not be afraid. Your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33. Sell what you own. Give to those who are poor. Provide courses for yourselves that will not wear out. Store up riches in heaven that will never be used up. There, no thief can come near it. There, no moth can destroy it. 34. Your heart will be where your riches are.
Philippians 4:4-9 Final Commands
4. Always be joyful because you belong to the Lord. I will say it again. Be joyful! 5. Let everyone know how gentle you are. The Lord is coming soon. 6. Don’t worry about anything. No matter what happens, tell God about everything. Ask and pray, and give thanks to him. 7. Then God’s peace will watch over your hearts and your minds. He will do this because you belong to Christ Jesus. God’s peace can never be completely understood.
8. Finally, my brother and sisters, always think about what is true. Think about what is noble, right, and pure. Think about what is lovely and worthy of respect. If anything is excellent or worth of praise, think about those kinds of things. 9. Do what you have learned or received or heard from me. Follow my example. The God who gives peace will be with you.
Thank God for the things that go right and the things you have. And give the things that are going wrong over to him!
Talk to him like you would talk to a friend. Driving down the road just talk, I’ve done this multiple times and it is so nice. So I challenge you to do this one time this week. Talk to God as though he is sitting right beside you.
5. Don’t be controlled by love for money. Be happy with what you have. God has said.
“I will never leave you. I will never desert you’ Deuteronomy 31:6
6. So we can say boldly.
“The Lord helps me. I will not be afraid. What can mere human beings do to me?” Psalm 118:6-7
The Lord love you. The Lord loves me.
peace and love ❤